Sweet Dreams at Sun Spa at Irufushi Beach & Spa Resort
- Announcing The First Sleep Spa Concept In The Maldives -
Male’, Maldives. July 18, 2008.
Sun Spa at Iru Fushi Beach & Spa Resort, due to open in summer 2008, will launch the first Sleep Spa concept in the Maldives. In collaboration with the resort team, the programme, entitled Sweet Dreams, has one main goal – to help adults and children relax and to catch up on that much needed sleep that many of them can only dream of doing whilst on holiday.
A holiday is something to look forward to, however, the stresses of modern day life can often take their toll and the sheer effort of getting away from work, let alone packing a suitcase and coping with any airport dilemmas can often be quite traumatic. So much so, that even whilst away in the most tranquil of surroundings, it can take some the entire holiday to begin to relax and catch up on their sleep.
For Adults, the Sweet Dreams programme includes:
- Special afternoon and evening spa treatments to encourage a siesta or good night’s sleep
- A yoga specialist who will offer private classes teaching special breathing techniques and stretching exercises designed to encourage relaxation
- Special teas designed to aid sleep
- Massages and baths with essential sleep-inducing oils
- A special extended pillow menu including buckwheat pillows, memory foam pillows, sidesleeper pillows, etc...
- A sleep concierge who is on-call so if guests can’t sleep they can ring for encouragement
- CD’s of poetry, music or a talking book which can be delivered to the room so Sweet Dreams guests can listen to their very own bedtime story
- A Sleep-All-Night-Cap, a special cocktail created by the resort-team using ingredients to aid sleep
Parents can rest assured that the younger member’s won’t lose sleep on holiday either as the Sweet Dreams resort plan extends to children, too. It includes:
- A selection of children’s books that can be borrowed from the library for a bedtime story
- Early evening dinner buffet, bedtime story groups and slumber parties, hosted in conjunction with the kid’s club
- Audio-book or music-related CD’s for children to listen to as they fall asleep
- Sleep inducing drinks such as warm milk or hot chocolate
Commenting on the new Sweet Dreams concept, Tina Dotzauer, PR & Marketing Manager for IruFushi’s Sun Spa says, “We have customised some of the Sun Spa pavilions to include low and mood lighting and special relaxing aromatherapy. It’s customary spa practice to leave a guest to relax for a few minutes after a treatment, but so many times we hear how they would prefer just to stay where they are and take a nap after their massages. Guests on the Sweet Dreams programme will be able to do just that, leaving the spa not just thoroughly relaxed but also refreshed and energised after enjoying a wholesome siesta.”
“In addition, the Sun Spa yoga specialist will show guests who book the 1-week “Sweet Dreams” program how to fill in a sleep diary, which will be discussed each day and aims to give a useful insight into each individual’s sleep patterns and will ultimately help with techniques for sleeping more soundly.”
The Sweet Dreams packages can be pre-booked via Sun Spa’s website www.sunsparesorts.com or on arrival at IruFushi Beach & Spa Resort. Prices start from US$160 per adult.
- ends -
Note to editors:
Packages for 2008/2009 to IruFushi Beach & Spa Resort can be supplied through UK tour operators including First Choice Premier, Thomson’s Far Away Shores and Tropical Sky.
Sun Hotels & Resorts’ owns and manages three luxury resorts in the Maldives. In addition to the soon-to-open IruFushi Beach & Spa Resort, it includes Vilu Reef Beach & Spa Resort and Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort.
Journalists interested in visiting IruFushi Beach & Spa Resort to review the Sweet Dreams package should contact Jenevora Swann, Jen Humm or Beth Kendall at citruspr on 01590 676432 / email@example.com
Lack of sleep can cut lives short and decrease the overall quality of life. Major risks of sleep deprivation can lead to heart disease, obesity, cancer, diabetes, accidents, lower libido, faster ageing, infection and depression.
A recent survey from the Gallup Organization says the majority of people return from holidays more tired than before they left. Poor planning, later bedtimes and unfamiliar accommodations were cited as impediments to a good night's sleep.
Russell A. Sanna, Ph.D., the executive director of Harvard Medical School's Division of Sleep Medicine advises that medical studies conducted over the past 25 years are clearly showing us that, along with nutrition and exercise, good sleep health is vital to our overall well-being and optimal daily performance, both intellectually and physically.
Sun Spa Resorts Pvt. Ltd. is a spa management company incorporated in the Maldives. Its primary aim is to develop, manage and operate full spa and wellness facilities. The company’s first Sun Spa was opened in December 2005 at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, followed by the second spa at Vilu Reef Beach & Spa Resort in February 2006. The third Sun Spa is scheduled to open in summer 2008 at the new 5-star island resort IruFushi Beach & Spa Resort in unspoilt Noonu Atoll in the Maldives.
< Back to Press Room